III. LONG-TERM DEVELOPMENT GOALS, RESULTS IN 2015 AND GOALS IN 2016
1. Long-term development goals (2016 - 2020)
- Overall goal: Develop Viettel into a powerful global telecommunications and high-tech industry Group, becoming one of the Top 20 Telecom Operators in the World.
- Fully complete the main goals and targets (Revenue from VND 400,000 - 500,000 billion; Profit from VND 70,000 - 90,000 billion; Labor productivity (revenue minus expenses without salary) of VND 3 - 4 billion/person/year; Average income from VND 40 - 50 million /person/month; International investment with a market coverage of 500 - 600 million people).
- Management: Reform the system of mechanisms and policies to match the organizational model of a Global Group. Shift management from evaluation of results to the evaluation of productivity, quality and efficiency.
- Complete the increase of the Group's authorized capital to VND 300,000 billion at the policy approved by the Prime Minister for the period 2015-2020.
- Domestic telecoms: Popularize telecoms - IT services into all aspects of social life, making the second boom in the history of Vietnam's telecoms - IT industry.
- Foreign telecoms: Enter Viettel on top of 10 biggest international investment companies about Telecommunications - IT
- Production and Research: Become an industrial group, specializing in the production of high-tech telecoms equipment from the development of the research and production.
- Information Technology: Complete the e-Government project; Master cyberspace, ensure national security.
2. Results in 2015
a) Main missions:
- Party and Politics: Successfully organized the Party Congress of the Group and the Congress of Party Organizations for the term 2015 - 2020; determined the Group's strategy and direction and elected a new Executive Board to lead the unit to accomplish strategic goals by 2020.
- Administration and Management: Completed divestment of 10 companies under the restructuring policy of the Prime Minister, all investments recovered with the surplus.
- Led the largest state-owned enterprises for 2 consecutive years in paying the State budget in 2015.
- Telecommunications: Became the first operator in Vietnam to successfully test 4G mobile service (in Vung Tau), opening a new direction for 2016 and the following years.
- Officially launched and put mobile services into business in 2 overseas telecoms markets including Burundi and Tanzania, bringing the number of overseas markets to 9 countries.
- Production and Research: Successfully researched and put into use information security and customer protection tools.
b) Social responsibility
In 2015, Viettel implemented a social program with a total amount of more than VND 390 billion, of which a number of typical programs resonated such as:
- After only one year, Viettel has successfully implemented the program entitled “Breeding cattles for the poor in border areas” with a total of 24,000 cattles (completed 12 months earlier than expected), and gave 15,000 tons of cement to poor households residing in 11 northern border provinces as part of the plan to poverty reduction.
- Co-ordinated to implement program 30A (period 2015-2016) in Muong Lat District, Ba Thuoc District (Thanh Hoa Province), Dakrong District (Quang Tri Province) such as: Gave 4,939 gifts, 714 breeding cattles and supported to build houses for 253 poor households; supported the construction of commune health stations and radio stations, etc.
- Continued to deploy the program "Internet to Schools" with fiber optic transmission line for 22,000 schools and educational units; 8,330 schools got free school management software. Implemented the program "Vi em hieu hoc" (Because I am studious) in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Training to award scholarships to 26,400 students in 2,640 communes.
- The “Trai tim cho em” (Operation Healthy Heart) programme: In 2015, Viettel supported VND 5 billion, accumulated VND 90 billion and successfully operated on 2,700 children, and organized screening for 16,000 poor children.
- Supported VND 25 billion for the humanitarian programme "Nhip cau Yeu thuong” (bridge of love) to build 5 local bridges: Ngoi Hut Suspension Bridge (Yen Bai), 603 Suspension Bridge (Lam Dong), Moi Bridge (Nghe An), Na Cho Suspension Bridge (Nghe An), Ban Moi Suspension Bridge (Quang Tri).
3. Mission Orientation in 2016
- Develop specific solutions and action plans, focusing on operating the implementation of the 2016 plan targets, as a premise for the successful implementation of the strategy up to 2020: Revenue (excluding promotional revenue) of VND 242,924,538 million, Pre-tax profit: VND 46,480,733 million; Average income: VND 29.8 million/people/month.
- Administration and Management: Research and update scientific and technological advances to apply to production and business activities, suitable to actual conditions and improve the Corporation's production and business efficiency.
- Draft a Decree on the Corporation's organization and operation Charter and Rename the Corporation to Military Industry and Telecoms Group.
Ensure efficiency and sustainability for foreign investment and outbound investment
- Telecommunications: Focus on creating new products in the context of saturated telecommunications market, traditional services: reduce voice calls and messages to improve production and business efficiency.
- Continue to improve network quality, especially 3G network quality; deploy 4G network and effectively exploit network infrastructure system.
- Production and Research: Develop the high-tech industrial complex project and manufacture telecoms equipment.