Viettel is one of the world’s fastest growing telecom operators. It has been well known as a pioneer who has ushered in a telecommunications revolution in just a few years, transforming telecom services to a commodity for all social classes and to all rural and remote areas. With year-on-year revenue doubled during 5 consecutive years between 2005 and 2010, Viettel is listed among the world’s fastest growing telecom operators and is placed among the top 15 telecom companies in terms of cellular connections (ranked by GSMA’s Wireless Intelligence). Viettel has currently operations in six markets over Asia, Latin America and Africa, covering a total population of nearly 170 million people. In 2011, Viettel’s revenue reached 6 billion USD with 60 million subscribers worldwide. In these markets, Viettel owns the largest network infrastructure by official launch date. Viettel boasts its first group in the world initiating free Internet connections and services for all public schools which has directly benefited about 27 million teachers, pupils and students in these countries.
Viettel is now seeking opportunites to expand its investment in Asia, Latin America and Africa. The Group’s target is to be among Top 10 largest global telecom investors out of a population of 300-500 million by 2015.
- Headquartered in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Incorporated on 1st June, 1989.
- Joining Vietnam telecom market in 2000 as the fourth entrant.
- Currently, Vietnam’s number one ICT Group in terms of infrastructure, subscriber numbers and profit. Market share: 50.7%.
- Owning the largest 3G network in Vietnam and the only network in the world covering 86% of the population at commercial launch date.