Tuesday, 09/08/2011 09:19 AM
Officially launched in February, 2009, Metfone has exceeded 3-5 times its commitments made in the project which was approved by Cambodian authorities. Today, Metfone is leading the market with more than 4 million customers served by the largest ever distribution channels.
· 1 out of 9 operator with the largest, widest and best quality network in Cambodia.
· 95% Cambodian population is now within Metfone’s coverage with around 5,000 BTS (2G&3G) and 16,000 km fiber optic cable network, covering up to 100% rural areas in Cambodia nation wide. · The only operator to provide free internet access to 100% public schools in Cambodia.
· Being acknowledged as the key player to drive Cambodia’s telecom penetration up by 3-7 times, contributing 1% increase to Cambodia’s GDP growth.
Officially launched in February, 2009, Metfone has exceeded 3-5 times its commitments made in the project which was approved by Cambodian authorities. Today, Metfone is leading the market with more than 4 million customers served by the largest ever distribution channels. With at least 2 sales staff for every commune and around 18,000 dealers and points of sales in Cambodia nation wide, Cambodian people, especially those in remote and rural areas who used to being unconnected, have been now served. Metfone’s entry had created 6,000 jobs Cambodian farmers in rural areas where job have never been known before. Thousands of USD million had been allocated to support the country governance by video conference system), Education by free Internet to schools, and social programs for Cambodian people (such as “It’s not a dream”, free operations for cleft/lip palate and heart patients, etc…). Metfone is committed to continuously strengthening its quality and coverage, in order to enable one phone for every Cambodian person, one desk phone and one broadband connection for every Cambodian household.
Metfone is a Cambodian network. What Metfone do is for the development of Cambodia. Metfone always ensures the balance development of Nation – People – Business. 01 mobile phone, 01 desk phone, 01 ADSL line for each Cambodian is Metfone’s target. Integration of business, social responsibilities and sustainable development is Metfone’s strategy.
Metfone Social programs for Cambodia
Currently, Metfone has implemented many social programs as:
- Providing free Internet access to all public schools in Cambodia nation wide.
- Free operations for cleft lips/palate children in Cambodia nation wide
- Sponsor to conduct the social program named “It is not a dream”: provide free services for Cambodian people to find and reunite with their lost relatives.
- Free operations for heart attacked children.
- Other social and charity activities to help the poor people